Bellefonte Historical and Cultural Association
Held: June 10, 1975, of the Bellefonte Borough Historic Site Commission.
At: The Chambers of the Council of the Borough of Bellefonte, Lamb Street, Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.
The meeting was called to order by Robert Woodring, who assumed the duties of temporary chairman; all members of the Site Commission were present, after noted of said meeting.
1. On motion duly made, seconded and carried, the Commission appointed the following Caretaker officers until such time as the Commission could hold election for officers: Robert Woodring, Chairman; David A. Flood, Secretary. Such officers to act until elections were held by the Commission at their next regular meeting.
2. Upon motion duly made, seconded and carried, special projects committee of the Chamber of Commerce of Bellefonte was appointed agent of the Commission to complete the renovation of the Penn Central Railroad Station acquired by the Borough and leased to the Bellefonte Area Chamber of Commerce. The Secretary was directed to have the proper paper work prepared for execution by the Bellefonte Area Chamber of Commerce and the Commission signifying the appointment of the special projects committee as agent of the Commission.
3. Upon motion duly made, seconded and carried, the Mid-State Bank & Trust Company, Bellefonte office, was appointed depository for the Commission bank account for the renovation of Penn Central Railroad Station.
4. Upon motion duly made, seconded and carried, it was determined that each project undertaken by the Commission would be set up under a separate bank account and that the bank accounts would be altermated between the major banks doing business and having an office and place of business within the confines of the Borough of Bellefonte.
5. Upon motion duly made, seconded and carried the secretary and chairman were directed to cause by-laws, rules and regulations to be drafted for the conduct of the Commission be tendered to the Commission as a body for their alteration amendment or approval.
6. Upon motion duly made, seconded and carried, it was specified by the Commission that all funds secured by any party or paid any party whatsoever for the renovation of the Penn Central Railroad Station would be specifically here marked for that purpose and for no other purpose and that the bank account opened by the Commission for that project would bear the stipulation that such funds could only be used for the renovation of the Penn Central Railroad Station for said.
7. Upon motion duly made, seconded and carried, the Commission determined to incorporate in the agreement between the special projects committee and the Bellefonte Chamber of Commerce a condition that all contract approvals for payment and work report concerning the contract for the renovation of the Penn Central Railroad Station would before any payment is made to any person whatsoever be approved by the Commission.
8. Upon motion duly made, seconded and carried, it was determined by the Commission to set the second Tuesday of each month as the regular meeting date of the Commission subject to change in the event of conflict at the next regular meeting of the Commission.
There being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned at 8:35 p.m.
By: David A. Flood, Acting Secretary
A RESOLUTION OF THE BELLEFONTE HISTORICAL SITE COMMISSION
BE IT RESOLVED by the Bellefonte Historical Site Commission and it is hereby resolved by authority of the same.
SECTION 1. That the Special Projects Committee of the Chamber of Commerce of Bellefonte is hereby appointed Agent of the Commission to complete the renovation of the Penn Central Railroad Station acquired by the Borough of Bellefonte and present under lease to the Bellefonte Area Chamber of Commerce. The aforesaid Committee is hereby given power to act in the place and stead of the Bellefonte Historical Site Commission and to do all things necessary and proper to insure the complete restoration of the Penn Central Railroad Station including such additions and alterations as approved by the Historical Site Commission at this meeting all in substantial accordance with the contracts, plans and specifications approved by this Body.
SECTION 2. The proper officers of Bellefonte Historical Site Commission are hereby required and requested, empowered and authorized to make, execute and deliver any all agreements, understandings and such other documents as may be necessary to complete the restoration and alteration of the Penn Central Railroad Station aforesaid in harmony with the Special Projects Committee of the Bellefonte Area Chamber of Commerce as aforesaid.
BE IT RESOLVED this tenth day of June 1975, by the Bellefonte Historical Site Commission in lawful session assembled and ratified this 22nd day of September 1975.
ATTEST: BELLEFONTE HISTORICAL SITE COMMISSION
Robert N. Fisher