Bellefonte Historical and Cultural Association
Held: July 11, 1975, of the Bellefonte Borough Historic Site Commission.
At: The Chambers of the Council of the Borough of Bellefonte, Lamb Street, Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.
Time: 5 pm.
All members of the Commission were present with the exception of Rob Fisher, who was out of town.
1. The First order of business before the Authority was: the election of permanent officers of the Authority to serve for one year. On motion duly made, seconded and carried, a unanimous ballot was cast for Rob Fisher, Chairman.
2. On motion duly made, seconded and carried, a unanimous ballot was cast for Robert Woodring, Vice Chairman.
3. On motion duly made, seconded and carried, a unanimous ballot was cast for Linn Peters, Secretary-Treasurer.
In the absence of Rob Fisher, Vice-Chairman, Robert Woodring, conducted the Meeting.
4. On motion duly made, seconded and carried, the minutes of the meeting of June 10, 1975, were approved and all actions taken by the Officers of the Commission were ratified by the Commission.
5. The next order of business before the Commission was the consideration of the bids tendered for the restoration of the Penn Central Station, located in the Talleyrand Park Complex. After a lengthy discussion, on motion duly made, seconded and carried, the Commission approved and authorized its agents, the Special Projects Committee, of the Bellefonte Area Chamber of Commerce, to accept the low bid of J & P Construction Company in the amount of $42,686.00. The Special Projects Committee Architect, Joe Teplica, was present at the meeting and explained the various bids to the Commission Members.
6. On motion duly made, seconded and carried, the meeting night of the Historical Site Commission was changed to the second Monday of each month.
7. On motion duly made, seconded and carried, the Borough Secretary was instructed to advertise the Site Commission meetings for those dates for the rest of the year 1975, and post such meeting dates in accordance with law.
There being no further business to come before the Commission was adjourned at 6:45 p.m.
By: David A. Flood, Acting Secretary