Bellefonte Historical and Cultural Association
Minutes of Past Meetings
Minutes of Meeting
FEBRUARY 28, 1984, CENTRE COUNTY COURTHOUSE SMALL COURTROOM
Members Present: Cherene Holland, President, Lynn Peters, Treasurer; Jim and Gay Dunne, Rob Gannon, Peter Schneeman, True Fisher, Morgan Paine, Judy and Allan Garbrick.
Treasurer's Report: Savings Account $587.35
Checking Account $609.99
1. Peter Schneeman announced that the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA) Review Board met and established submission deadlines, etc., for this year's grants competition. Decisions were also made regarding the unspent money from last year's competition.
2. There was a brief discussion of the current status of the tax-exemption of BHCA (not to be confused with a non-profit status).
3. Jim Dunne announced that things "are rolling right along" on plans for the fund-raising concert. Mary Armstrong will take some pictures at the concert. Tickets will be available on March 1.
4. Gay Dunne reported that she, Peter and Liane Schneeman, Rob Fisher and Maureen Garvin met with Ted Conklin and Morgan. It was agreed that Morgan's current studio space will have the partitions removed and will be converted into a gallery space. It will be available in time for the Homes Tour.
5. True Fisher announced progress of possible plans to bring the Pennsylvania Dance Theatre. It was generally agreed that BHCA would not get financially involved in such a project, but that we could offer to help in other ways if they wanted to take the financial risk.
6. Cherene raised the topic of the John Montgomery Ward softball celebration. True suggested that Denny Leathers be asked to contact two existing teams about designating a game as J.M.W. Memorial Game.
7. Morgan Paine announced that three exhibitions will take place in the current Gamble Mill Gallery space:
a) Sunday, March 4, 2-5 p.m., Neil Jordan, Patrick Ryan, MFA students at the University in sculpture.
b) Friday, March 23. (evening), 5-7 p.m., Diane Pepe's paper making class will do an installation. "There is talk that members of the Philosophy Department will make something out of paper." (Don't they always?)
c) April 1, 3-5 p.m., Elaine Greenstein, M.F.A, show of "small architectural domestic objects."
8. Rob Gannon talked fervently about the need for new members. Desultory discussion followed.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:45 p.m.
The next meeting will be held on March 27.
Peter Schneeman, for
Liane Schneeman, Secretary