Virtual Walking Tour of Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
The Talleyrand Park Citizens Committee
Bellefonte Historical and Cultural Association
Stop 17. First National Bank
BHCA Home | Virtual Tour Home | Center Town Map | Next Stop
Formerly the site of the home of Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice Thomas Burnside, the First National Bank Building was constructed in 1872. Following a fire in 1888 the present structure was rebuilt in 1889, along with the Crider Exchange Building next door on North Allegheny Street. The Crider Exchange building begins at the tree to the left of the woman in a pink top. The First National Bank Building sits at the northwest corner of The Diamond. In the view below, the building has been festooned with bunting for the 1895 100th Anniversary of Bellefonte.
Click here to view a gallery of historical images around The Diamond
Fred D Smith Collection