Virtual Walking Tour of Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
The Talleyrand Park Citizens Committee
Bellefonte Historical and Cultural Association
Stop 2. Ficarro Houses
BHCA Home | Virtual Tour Home | Center Town Map | Next Stop
Located in the 400 block of West High Street, the Ficarro Houses were built by carpenter George Williams and mason Hudson Williams, probably in the 1830 to 1840s. They were built primarily in Federalist style (1780 -1840), which was an adaptation of Georgian. The five windows across the front and low-pitched roofs are Georgian, whereas the sunrise fanlights over the front doors and narrow windows flanking the front doors are distinctly Federalist.