Virtual Walking Tour of Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
The Talleyrand Park Citizens Committee
Bellefonte Historical and Cultural Association
Stop 30. Bush Residence
BHCA Home | Virtual Tour Home | Center Town Map | Next Stop
Located at 123 South Spring Street, this was the original home of Daniel G Bush, built in 1864. It is now the VFW Hall (left above). The facade has been changed considerably from the 1864 original (right above).
The original Daniel Bush home was converted into the Markland Hotel (right), losing much of its Victorian grandeur. The transition to the VFW (top left) was more straightforward.
Click here to view a gallery of historical images along Spring Street