Virtual Walking Tour of Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
The Talleyrand Park Citizens Committee
Bellefonte Historical and Cultural Association
Stop 9A. Reynolds House (McKee's Tavern)
BHCA Home | Virtual Tour Home | Center Town Map | Next Stop
This southeast corner of West Allegheny Street and Spring Street was the site of the popular McKee's Tavern around 1796. The current town house, facing West High Street, was built by Thomas R Reynolds in 1880. The decorative iron railing is a product of local craftsmen. Immediately east of Reynolds House on West High is Stop 9B, Petrikin Hall.
Click here to view a gallery of historical images along West High Street